Made the traditional way, on a cylinder mould, this paper has a harmonious natural grain. Thanks to this method, the fibres are evenly distributed, the paper slackens uniformly when wet.
Its composition with long fibres of 100% cotton gives the paper its strength, beauty, a natural, lasting whiteness and an inimitable touch.
ARCHES® is the only paper mill in the world to gelatin size its watercolour paper “to the core”. This preserves the lustre and transparency of the colours whilst preventing paints from penetrating the paper. It allows superposing of washes and gives it added strength to resist erasing and scratching without tearing or linting. It also allows paints to be removed, either wet or dry, easily revealing the whiteness of the paper. ARCHES® Watercolour paper can absorb a large amount of water with limited deformation.
- Composition: 100% cotton – Made on a cylinder mould – Sized to the core with natural gelatin
- Textures: cold press, hot press and rough
- Colour: natural
- Edges (sheet): 4 deckle edge
- Watermark (sheet): “Arches® France ∞
- Conservation: with alkaline reserve, acid-free, no optical brightening agents (permanent in accordance with ISO 9706), fungicidal treatment to prevent the appearance of mould
- Uses: ideal for watercolour painting, as for all wet techniques such as ink, gouache and acrylic
Cold press is the most popular finish, with a slight tooth.
Hot press is a smooth finish with almost no texture.
Rough press is the most textured, great to create dimension, especially with shimmering or granular colours.
This is an oversized item.