Kama - Final Picture Varnish
This traditional final picture varnish is ready for use and is primarly designed to be applied on thoroughly dried oil paintings. However it has also been successfully used on acrylic and mixed media paintings where it greatly enhances the depth of colors.
- ingredients : dammar resin, gum turpentine rectified, naturally bleached beeswax
- beeswax concentration: 5.4 % by weight
- average drying time (medium alone on glass plate) : 1 day
directions for use
- Apply with a soft natural hair brush. For best results, we recommend 3 thin coats. Gently re-heating the bottle before use (in hot water for example) allows for the beeswax to be more evenly dispersed thus creating a smoother finish.
- Shake well before use. Always wait for the underlying coat of paint (or varnish) to be completely dry before recoating.
- Contains turpentine : use in a well ventilated area.